Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Andy Warhol posters

Almost two years after writing this post, I finally have them!  There were four quotes available and I chose the three below.  It's not like I have the wall space to hang them all, but I can't wait to get them home and hang at least one for now.  Thank you Stockholm!




 
Now I just need to figure out how I am going to get them back to Paris and then Australia.  The carton is too big for carry-on and I don't want to leave them in the hands of the airport baggage handlers.  I could post them, but that would be very expensive.
 
En Français:
 
Près de deux ans après avoir écrit ce post, j'ai finalement les avoir!  Il y avait quatre citations disponibles et j'ai choisi les trois ci-dessous.  Ce n'est pas comme je dois l'espace du mur pour accrocher tous, mais je ne peux pas attendre pour rentrer à la maison et accrocher au moins un pour le moment.  Merci de Stockholm!
 
Maintenant, j'ai juste besoin de comprendre comment je vais les faire revenir à Paris, puis l'Australie.  Le carton est trop grand pour bagages de cabine et je ne veux pas les laisser dans les mains des bagagistes de l'aéroport. Je pourrais les poster, mais ce serait très coûteux.

9 comments:

  1. sea mail any cheaper?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's probably cheaper but I've had items damaged when sent seamail from the US before so I'm a bit wary of the service for delicate items. It looks like it might be cheapest to wait and post it from Amsterdam (we're driving back from Stockholm and flying out of there).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane.

    I bought them from the shop at Moderna Museet in Stockholm, Sweden. They have an online store, but they don't sell these posters online and they won't post them (trust me, I tried). You need to physically visit the shop in Stockholm. While on holiday in Europe, we drove from Amsterdam all the way to Stockholm and back (30 hours) so that I could get these posters. Here's the website: http://www.modernamuseet.se/sv/Stockholm/. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that's some commitment! i've been looking for these too, and every time i google them i come across your story! glad you got them in the end. i will have to go to stockholm i guess!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can also buy the posters at the Moderna Museet in Malmö! Sorry about all the trouble buying the posters. The Warhol Foudnation has very strikt rules for selling their licensed products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely understand and no worries at all. It was an absolute pleasure visiting Stockholm. I fell in love with the city and will definitely be back again.

      Delete
  6. Hi

    They look wonderful!
    How much were they?

    Best, Ditte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ditte,

      They were not very expensive, but I cannot remember exactly what I paid for them.

      Melinda

      Delete