Sunday, June 10, 2012

The Southern Highlands: food, wine & Leona

Another rainy day in Sydney (we've had a lot of them lately) makes me wish I was still in Paris enjoying the warm weather.  But it's not all bad, the sun is peeking through the clouds and today we're driving to Bowral in the Southern Highlands for a duck pie and pinot tasting at Centennial Vineyards.  Yum!

The Southern Highlands is the kind of place I would like to escape to if we ever did move to the country.  Bowral is only 1.5 hours from Sydney, it has a relatively small town centre filled with fabulous food (cafés, cake shops and an excellent cheese shop), art galleries, boutiques and farmers markets on the weekend and it's surrounded  by wineries... need I say more.

Australian fashion designer Leona Edmiston has a fabulous Southern Highlands country pad.

Above images from Madison magazine

Leona's dresses aren't really my style, but I love her 'Pins' range and the packaging is divine.

Above images from Leona Edmiston

No comments:

Post a Comment