Thursday, July 12, 2012

Some things don't change

It was my grandparents' wedding anniversary today and the first since my grandfather passed away.  My whole family went out for dinner with my grandmother to take her mind off her loss and make it a positive day for her.

We ate at a Chinese restaurant local to my parents' home.  As a child, I remember celebrating my parents' wedding anniversary in this same restaurant every year.  I even have memories of sitting at the same long table we sat at tonight in a highchair.
 
In the almost 30 years since then, I don't think the decor has changed one bit... there are still the same bright orange vinyl chairs, the same wallpapered panels and the same Chinese lanterns.

Above image taken via instagram

The food tasted exactly the same as I remember it too.  It's nice to know some things just don't change.

No comments:

Post a Comment