Friday, July 20, 2012

The big 30: part one

As mentioned in this post, something big happened while we were in Europe.  I hit the big 30.  That's right, I am no longer in my 20s.

Harry and I had a fantastic day in Paris.  It was my first warm spring birthday (usually it's freezing as we're heading into winter here in Australia).  We started the day with a Skype video call so my family could all say happy birthday, which was nice.  Then we had the best breakfast ever of a coffee and walnut cake from Marks & Spencer and a half bottle of champagne.


We ate this in our hotel... aren't we classy with our plastic cups and plastic spoons.  Then we hit the shops.  Our first stop was Chanel on Rue Cambon, where I bought a pretty silver pearl brooch and a fabulous red lipstick.

We had a delicious dinner (and some more wine) at Café Constant.


Then we sat on the grass in front of the Eiffel Tower waiting for the fairy light show (it was already 9pm but still so light).


And here it is.


A perfect end to a perfect day.
 
Part two (the presents) up next.

No comments:

Post a Comment