Thursday, July 26, 2012

My perfect red

One day in Paris I set out to find my perfect red lipstick, with Harry in tow.  We went straight to Chanel on Rue Cambon and a lovely sales assistant helped me choose my perfect shade: No. 22.  I was thrilled until she realised they didn't have it in stock.  I was finally brave enough to wear red lipstick, I had found my perfect shade and I couldn't have it.

Over the following weeks we searched for my perfect red as we travelled around Europe.  I tried Sydney when we returned home and a friend tried Tokyo, but the elusive No. 22 was nowhere to be found... until yesterday.  I was in Parramatta in Sydney's western suburbs.  I walked past Myer.  I was doubtful, but I decided to give it a try.  They had it in stock, my perfect red, No. 22, which turned out to be named 'Paris'.  I will be wearing it out for cocktails tomorrow night.

No comments:

Post a Comment