Sunday, August 19, 2012

Last night's dinner: maple bacon chicken

I love food!  I love to eat and I even love to cook.  I mainly blog about fashion and interiors, but I do occasionally include food in my posts.  However, if you follow my instagram, I am constantly taking pictures of the things I eat, most of which are home-cooked (I'm trying to be disciplined here).

Apologies for my inability to take beautiful stylised food shots, but without further ado, I bring you my first cooking post.  Here is last night's dinner: maple bacon chicken with potato, parsnip and apple.

 
It was really simple to make and delicious, so I thought I'd share the recipe here.

Here are the ingredients.

 
8 chicken drumsticks
4 rashers bacon, rind removed & rashers halved
600g desiree potatoes, cut into bite-size pieces
2 parsnips, peeled & quartered
1 Granny Smith apple, cut into 8 wedges, core removed
1 Spanish onion, peeled & cut into 8 wedges
Few thyme sprigs
50g butter, melted
¼ cup maple syrup
Sea salt 
Cracked black pepper
Handful flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped roughly

Now for the easy recipe.

Preheat your oven to 220°C (or 200°C fan-forced).

Wrap each chicken drumstick with half a rasher of bacon, then place on a baking tray.

Place potatoes, parsnips, apple, onion and thyme in a large bowl and drizzle with butter and maple syrup.  Season with salt and pepper and toss well to combine.

Arrange vegetables around chicken on baking tray and pour over butter and maple syrup from bowl.  Now it's ready for the oven.


Roast for 40 minutes, until chicken and vegetables are cooked and golden.

To serve, sprinkle with parsley (I skipped this step because I didn't have any) and dish up.

See, I told you it was simple.  Recipe from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment