Thursday, October 25, 2012

My life list: paella and a triathlon

I crossed something off my life to do list today: learn how to make paella.  I bought a paella pan about two years ago and it has been sitting in a cupboard ever since.  Today I had a corporate team building function at the Sydney Seafood School where we learned to cook (then ate way too much) paella.  Here is my team's finished product.  It was as delicious as it looks.

Above image taken via instagram (modeetmaison)

I've also added another item to my life list: complete a triathlon.  It's not something I thought I would ever do or even want to do, but I have now registered for a corporate triathlon in March next year.  It's a mini triathlon (300m swim / 7km cycle / 3km run), but I'm still going to need to do some training.  I will be fine for the cycle leg, but I haven't swam for possibly more than 10 years and I'm not a great runner.  I've also registered for the 5km Color Run in February next year.  It feels good to be actively looking after my fitness for the first time in my life... it only took me 30 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment