Thursday, July 4, 2013

Confessions of a shopaholic: week 1

This Monday marked the start of a new year for those of us working in the finance industry, so it's the perfect time to make a financial new year's resolution. Mine is to shop less! I was so good for so long, but I think all the money we spent on our wedding made me a little crazy and I have been shopping far too much lately, so I'm restarting my "confessions of a shopaholic" posts to hopefully guilt me into spending less. How have I done in my first week so far (with three days left)?

From Scandinavian Design Center, I bought a Muuto E27 pendant light in rose (although the cost of this doesn't count because we were given the money to buy it as a wedding gift from our registry). The problem is that I didn't stop there, I also bought a set of Menu bottle grinders (these were left on our registry and I really wanted them)...

Above images from Scandinavian Design Center
 
...and two Marimekko Pallo coffee cups.
Above image from Scandinavian Design Center

I also bought three Moleskine photo albums from Milk Books. I was planning on buying two of these to fill with our favourite photos from our wedding as a gift for my parents and Harry's parents. We don't receive our official wedding photos for another few weeks, but the albums were less than half price for a couple of days only on Living Social so it made sense to buy them this week.

Above image from Milk Books
 
My total spend for the week so far (excluding the Muuto lamp) is a little over $200. Let's just say that's progress from last week and leave it at that.

No comments:

Post a Comment