Saturday, July 18, 2015

Two lovely rooms: white, blonde and grey

I had to share these two lovely rooms that start with white walls and blonde timber floors (a perfect Scandinavian blank canvas).  Both rooms are furnished entirely in grey, black, white and blonde timber and yet they look cosy despite the lack of colour.

I love the concrete tabletop in this dining room and the soft, warm contrast of the sheepskin and blonde timber chairs.  I would really love to use concrete as a surface somewhere in my home... maybe in the bathroom.

Above image from Hitta Hem

This mostly grey bedroom gets it's warmth from the textural bedding.  I love the look of linen bedding (and the fact that it's supposed to look creased so there's no need to iron).
 
Above image from Scandinavian Love Song

I am going to steal the idea of using Norman Copenhagen's Pocket storage for Harry's side of the bed as we recently moved his Kartell Componibili unit out of the bedroom because he wasn't using it for anything more than holding his iPhone.  It's currently residing next to his desk and holding our printer, but it may end up in the nursery.

No comments:

Post a Comment